Over the last few years, a number of online stores have opened up that sell cheap eyeglasses and sunglasses. While this seems like a great deal, there can potentially be a few issues and we often end up servicing these frustrated patients.
What is wrong with buying glasses online?
- Prescription – The online store often gets it wrong. This is especially true for high prescriptions and those with specialty lenses.
- Warranty – When buying $6 glasses, you ain’t getting a warranty.
- Repairs – They usually don’t allow you to send for repairs. You break it, it’s your fault.
- Coating – Cheap coating tends to wear off and that means no more anti-glare, UV protection, and you may get scratches.
- Shop Local – It’s important to support local businesses.
While it’s tempting to buying your next pair of eyeglasses at a cheap, online price. Keep in mind that there are many potential problems. Best to have them fited perfectly with your local eye doctor so you’ll be fully satisfied.